Addiction is debilitating and extremely hard to overcome on your own. When you’re addicted to something, you find your lifestyle and thinking patterns change. These changes then start to affect not only you, but those around you. If you’re falling deeper and deeper into addiction and you want to get out, but don’t know how, we can help you through this challenging time.
Types Of Addiction
Addictions can come in many forms. Some of the most common addictions include, but isn’t limited to:
- Drug and alcohol addiction
- Sex addiction
- Gaming addiction
- Social media addiction
- Shopping addiction
- Gambling addiction
- Prescription drug addiction
- Eating addiction
Signs Of Addiction
There’s a few signs to watch out for to know if you’re becoming addicted to something:
- An inability to stop using even when health issues are concerned.
- When you take a substances to help mask underlying pain.
- You start to take risks that may involve hurting you or others in your life.
- You start to lose interest in hobbies and other activities.
- Your work is affected by your addiction or addictive behaviour.
- You deny you have a problem, even when you know you do.
- You have stashes of your addiction close to you so you can use/view at any time.
- You start to have financial trouble because you’re always trying to get your next high.
- You start to have withdrawal symptoms when you haven’t had your fix/high in a long while.
- Your appearance and appetite starts to change.
- Your body has become tolerant to your addiction and you start to need more of it to get your high.
How Can We Help?
Addiction isn’t easy to overcome, but it can be done. Here at Croydon Psychology, we’re here to help you through this challenging time so you can live addiction free for the rest of your life. We don’t just give you a one size fits all treatment. We know that your addiction stems from something that happened in your life.
What we do is work with you in a safe and caring environment to slowly identify the underlying trigger as to why your addiction started in the first place. By helping to understand the cause of your addiction, we can then help by creating a treatment plan which works with you and your lifestyle for the best possible outcome.
If you feel like you want to break free of your addiction but don’t know how, let us help you. We can help you take the first step on your road to recovery. Call today to book your appointment with us. Take the first step to a brighter future. Call Now!