Feeling sad from time to time is a normal part of life, particularly when we experience a loss of some kind. However, when this sadness lingers for more than a few weeks it may start to impede our daily routine. Persistent, unshakeable sadness can lead to an episode of depression. Untreated depression can become serious and is one of the major causes of death in those suffering a mental illness. It doesn’t have to be this way though as depression can be effectively treated through counselling. With some help, you can overcome a depressive episode and live a happier and more fulfilling life. We provide brief and effective counselling for depression for people living in Croydon, Ringwood and Mooroolbark, as well as surrounding suburbs.
Signs and Symptoms Of Depression
Depression manifests as a variety of signs and symptoms depending on the individual and the severity. Some of these include:
- Feeling excessively sad, disappointed, irritable, miserable, overwhelmed, frustrated or guilty.
- Not wanting to get out anymore, go to school, or spend time with friends and family.
- Not enjoying normal activities like you once did.
- An inability to concentrate
- Relying on sedatives and alcohol to mask the pain or to make you numb.
- Having negative thought patterns that continuously repeat over in your mind that drain your self-confidence.
- Often feeling tired, lethargic, or run down.
- Being frequently unwell, or experiencing headaches and muscle pains.
- Having problems sleeping.
- A change in appetite that results in either significant weight loss or gain.
How Can We Help You?
At Croydon Psychology we understand that life can present many types of challenges and crises. These may lead you to feel overwhelmed or desperate at times. Or to believe that you don’t deserve to experience joy, pleasure and happiness. It’s not necessary that you feel sad all the time. We can help you overcome your depression, so you can start to live a more rewarding and fulfilling life. At Croydon Psychology we also believe in diversity such that everyone will learn to cope with depression in their own way. Therefore we endeavour to tailor our counselling services to your particular needs. Why? Because everyone’s journey in life is different.
We’re here to help you take the first step on the path to recovery from depression. If you live in or around the suburbs of Croydon, Ringwood or Mooroolbark then call us today and book your initial counselling session with us. You don’t have to feel alone anymore. Call now!